Full Day Kindergarten Program at the Rainbow Center for Children & Families offers five to six year-olds a small yet exciting, supportive and stimulating environment to build their academic as well as social and emotional skills.
The hours of academic instruction are 9 am to 3:30 pm. Before and after school care, snow day coverage as well as school vacation programs for children attending neighboring public schools are available.
Our licensed Kindergarten teacher provides individualized instruction to children and challenge them in developmentally appropriate ways throughout the academic year. Children enjoy weekly Spanish, Music, Yoga and Physical Education classes which are taught by adjunct staff. Students also attend monthly programs at the town library and browse and pick books to read and enjoy.
The Literacy, Math, Science, Social Studies and Social Skills curricula utilize hands-on activities to teach and practice skills throughout the day. The classroom computer enhances the skills throughout the year through various educational games and activities.
The Summer/Vacation Programs at the Rainbow Center provides 5 and 6 year old children with an exciting and educational environment through weekly themes, fun-filled activities, walking field trips and plenty of outdoor play during the summer months.
Why a Full Day Kindergarten?
* New information is introduced in a slower and relaxed pace
* More time to review and practice skills
* More time to cover topics in science, social studies and mathematics
* More time to apply newly acquired skills in a variety of activities
* More social interactions with peers to help develop age appropriate social skills
* Increased ability to transition to a full day program in first grade
* Research findings indicating that children who attend Full Day Kindergarten
programs make statistically significant gains in early reading skills by the end of the year when compared to children who attended only a half-day program
* Research findings showing that Full Day Kindergarten is especially beneficial for children who are Second Language Learners
* Research stating that a great Kindergarten experience is an essential foundation for lifelong learning
Why a Full Day Program at the Rainbow Center?
* More school days than in public schools
* Small classroom, individualized assessment and assistance
* Excellent literacy curriculum emphasizing phonemic awareness
* Weekly music, Spanish, Yoga and physical education classes
* Hands-on mathematics and a superb science curriculum,
* Monthly library program,
* Social studies, diversity and social skills curricula,
* Built in before and after school as well as a Summer program
* A very well equipped bright classroom located in a quiet residential setting
* Large outdoor play area
* A supportive and family oriented educational setting
* Highly experienced and well qualified staff,
* Overall a very well rounded, high-quality Kindergarten Program which provides your child with a solid base for a lifelong learning and success!
For more information regarding enrollment as well as our Summer program please call us at (860) 529-5229.
Rainbow Center for Children and Families
80 Garden Street
Wethersfield, CT 06109